Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Quick and Easy "Paleo" Oven Pancake

I found a recipe for an oven pancake on Pinterest the other day and decided to convert it.  In the conversion process I also added some vanilla and cinnamon to it and the end result was something we all loved!!  It reminds me of Overnight French Toast in our pre-paleo days.  This is so quick and so easy, and really tasty,  and if you know me at all you know I love that combination (quick, easy and tasty)!  


Thicker version, double batch in a 9x13" pan.

Quick and Easy Paleo Oven Pancake

6 eggs
1 cup full fat coconut milk
1 cup almond flour
1 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup butter (1/2 a stick), melted


Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Grease a 9x13 inch pan well (be sure it's good and thick), combine the above ingredients in a medium bowl, beat for 1-2 minutes.  Then pour into pan and pour melted butter over the top, move to the oven and bake for about 30 minutes or until done.  This will make a thin oven pancake, for a thicker one like I have in the photos you will need to either double this recipe or use a 8x8 pan instead.  We like it both ways, thin and thick, but to feed my crew I need to make it thicker so more of them get fed! Top with some maple syrup and you are in for a treat! 
*TIP* 
I poured our maple syrup into a simple squeeze bottle with a small tip and it works wonderful, now we can just drizzle the syrup instead of pouring.  And the kids can do their own now because they have better control.
 Hope you enjoy!


Going in to the oven.

Nice and puffy, ready to come out of the oven.

Ready to enjoy!

Pin It

11 comments:

  1. A great recipe! looking forward to try it!

    But:

    1 tsp cinnamon
    2 tsp cinnamon

    ? Is one of them supposed to be something else?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I am so sorry, it should read, 1 tsp cinnamon and 2 tsp vanilla. Thank you so much for pointing that out, I 'm going to change it right now. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to make this recipe, doubled, but I am hesitant to use 12 eggs in one recipe, especially when our non-soy fed, pastured eggs cost so much! Can I get away with using less eggs?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your recipe says combine all ingredients and beat but then says pour melted butter over the top. Is this extra melted butter than what's listed in the ingredients list OR do you not combine ALL ingredients listed but instead combine everything but the butter and then pour the separately over the top???

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry, you are right, that isn't very clear is it. Combine all of the ingredients except the butter, the butter just goes over the top, and you may try reducing that amount if you like, it does change the flavor slightly. When I make a double batch in a 9x13 inch pan I sometimes reduce the butter to the original amount (1/4 cup). Thanks for pointing that out I will edit the recipe directions so it reads correctly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This recipe rocks! It tastes like good, old-fashioned style bread pudding! My kids and I loved it. Thank you SO much!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are welcome, it's one of favorites too! So glad to hear you enjoyed it @thehomeschoolingdoctor.net

    ReplyDelete
  8. This recipe was a little too "eggy" for me. Though it tasted like French toast, it wasn't sweet enough. Perhaps I did something wrong but all I could taste was cooked eggs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You could try adding some sweetener like maple syrup if you would like. Personally we don't because my kids like to pretty much drown it in maple syrup so I don't see the need to double up on it. But if you are trying to eat it plain with know maple syrup over the top then you'll need to add a little or maybe try adding some Stevia to sweeten it. Good luck and thanks for the comment, it may help other people.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I put fresh sliced strawberries and drizzle a mixture of 1/2 brown sugar & 1/2 sour cream over mine like a Pannekoeken - YUMMY!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. 3 Studies PROVE Why Coconut Oil Kills Waist Fat.

    The meaning of this is that you actually kill fat by consuming coconut fat (including coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 studies from big medical magazines are sure to turn the traditional nutrition world upside down!

    ReplyDelete