BACON JALAPEÑO BURGERS
1 pound bacon ends ( I love Beelers, I've tried a few others but found them to salty)
2 pounds 85% grass fed ground beef
3-4 Jalapeños (depending on size), seeded, unless you like really spice then leave some seeds in
1 cup roughly chopped sweet onion
1/2 cup roughly chopped red onion
2 large cloves garlic, chopped
a handful of fresh parsley (or cilantro might be good)
3/4 tsp finely ground black pepper
1/4 tsp. sea salt ( I figure the bacon adds most of the needed salt)
portobella mushrooms if desired
- First start your charcoal so it will be ready to grill after you get these all assembled.
- Next slice 1/2 a package of bacon ends into "strips" about 1" apart, then add to a food process with and process until it forms a ball.
- Then remove and add to a large bowl along with your ground beef.
- Roughly chop your onions and add them to the food processor and pulse a few times until until finely chopped. You want to be sure not to over process them, if you do, just drain off some of the excess liquid. Then dump them into the bowl with your meat.
- Now add the parley, garlic and peppers and pulse a few times until nice and small, add them to the bowl.
- Next add your salt and pepper to the meat mixture and mix well with your hands.
- Form into patties in your desired size and grill. The key is to grill them at a lower temperature and spot any flare ups with a spray bottle. Or you could just fry them up in a pan if you like.
- I also grill my portobello mushrooms for a little bit, to give them that smokey/grilled flavor.
You can top them with guacamole, etc. we used lettuce, tomatoes and avocados and they were delicious.
Hope you enjoy them as much as we do.
|Fresh veggies ready to be made into Bacon Jalapeño burgers.|
|Peppers and parsley after they are chopped in food proccessor.|
|Roughly chopped onions in the food processor ready to be minced.|
|My favorite bacon, and the one used in this recipe.|
|All the ingredients ready to mix, with the ground bacon on top.|
|Formed patty ready for the grill.|
|Grilled and ready to eat.|
|Burgers and "buns" grilling.|
|Time to eat! Yum!|