Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Taco Salad



Here is a real quick dinner idea, Taco Salad or Taco Lettuce Wraps.  I combined them both last night, making a Taco Salad for each of us.   I used butter Lettuce underneath which we used to scoop up and eat the salad, along with the traditional fork method.  
We LOVE Tacos in our house so it is one meal we had to make Paleo for sure!
 Make extra meat and you have several meals in one.  Use the extra for Breakfast burritos, scrambles, omelets, etc., or for lunch leftovers, the options are endless.  
Have fun!

I browned the ground beef, drained it, threw some El Pato Sauce on the meat with a couple extra seasonings and simmered for about fifteen minutes.  Or try substituting chicken or ground turkey for the meat.
While that was simmering I washed my lettuce and prepared each plate.  Layered butter lettuce, spinach,and romaine lettuce, topped it with the meat, olives, tomatoes, onions, and avocado.  
I just simply used ingredients I  had on hand but the possibilities are endless. 

Quick, easy and delicious!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment