Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Dinner tonight Compliments of Scott Hagnas and Performance Menu

Before I get into the recipe, I will tell you I have modified it and I am feeding a family of 9, please visit the Performance Menu  sight to get the original recipe.  On the other hand this will give you ton's of leftovers for the following days or you could invite someone to join you for dinner.




BEEF STROGANOFF

3-4 pounds ground beef
2 Tablespoons coconut oil
1 cup chopped green onions
2 cups sliced mushrooms (these are essential for the flavor)
1 cup beef broth
2 14 oz cans of coconut milk
7 medium-large Zucchini, sliced very thin
3 large carrots, sliced very thin
6 cloves of garlic, minced
2 tsp sea salt
1/2-3/4 tsp chili powder
1/2-1 tsp ground black pepper
1/2 tsp ground hot mustard powder
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
4 Bay leaves

Heat the coconut oil in a large skillet ( in my case it is a very large skillet) over medium heat.  Add the onion and mushrooms,stirring until the onions are becoming soft ( about 5 minutes).  Add the meat, stirring occasionally, until browned.

Meanwhile, slice the carrots and zucchini length wise.  A mandolin makes this much easier, however, I don't have one yet so I use my vegetable peeler, you just have to be very careful.  I think a mandolin will be one of my next purchases.  You are trying to create thin Noodle type strips.

Once the meat has browned, add the vegetables and the remaining ingredients.  Bring to a boil, lower heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes or more (in my case it was twice a long because I have so much in my pan.  If you let it cook longer this will infuse the flavors more.

This is a huge family hit, they all love it! 
 Okay everyone but the 3 year old tonight. 
 But usually they all chow and love it.


Dinner is served!  Yum!


This is also a very good example of an economical Paleo meal, I buy carrots in bulk and the zucchini was 2 for $1.00 ( so I picked the big ones of course!).  Your most expensive ingredient is your meat.  This feeds our whole family and I usually serve it with a side of fruit for the kids.  Tonight it was Pineapple and Kiwi.


Shared by: Salingermama
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. 3 Researches SHOW Why Coconut Oil Kills Belly Fat.

    The meaning of this is that you literally kill fat by eating coconut fat (in addition to coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 studies from major medical journals are sure to turn the conventional nutrition world upside down!

    ReplyDelete