Saturday, October 30, 2010

Recipe

Meredith (the primary owner and Trainer of CrossFit Eureka), told me about these at the afternoon workout today.  So of course I had to come home and try them.  These are the bomb!!!  These will hit that chocolate craving, I think this will be what I bring to any function or gathering with non-paleo desserts from now on!
*A word of caution though, be careful not to eat to many of these, after all  it is candy and it is sugar*

Here is the link:  www.crossfitkopnutrition.blogspot.com  
This is were this recipe came from, I just copied and pasted it from CrossFit Kop Nutrition.  She has several recipies I am interested in trying, especially after tasting these!

FRIDAY, JANUARY 29, 2010


FUDGE BABIES

Okay, you've gone Paleo, Primal or Zone...but you still have a little sweet tooth lingering in the back. Right? Or...do you need to attend a function with sugary treats and your "friends" expect you to bring something to accompany the foundation of all social functions...(the evil) SUGAR...what will you bring to help them...and you? Jen S. inspired these little fudge babies and brought them to my attention. We all know my time is limited, so I don't do well with recipes that require more than 5 ingredients. Well get ready, these bad boys require 4...yep, I said it, 4. Dates, Walnuts, Cocoa Powder and Vanilla Extract. Curious???? Have a few minutes and food processor? Here it goes...

Gather...

Ingredients:
1 1/3 cup Dates
1 cup Walnuts
4 Tbs Cocoa Powder
1 tsp Vanilla


Dump into a food processor, hit the big button that say ON. Process the food...roll with fingers into little "balls" also known as Fudge Babies...chill and serve. I'm a believer are YOU?
If you make 20 small balls this will be the nutrition break down per ball:
47 calories
1g protein
10g carbs
1g fat
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Are You Having Problems STICKING with the Paleo Diet?

    Want to munch on some delicious recipes TONIGHT?

    Download your awesome Paleohacks Cookbook.

    ReplyDelete